Website terms and conditions
Welcome to our website.
These Terms and Conditions of Use govern your use of this website. Also, your use of this website indicates your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. It’s a legal (but roundabout) way of saying that you’re here as a guest so you need to follow house rules.
Universal Packaging may from time to time amend, update or change this website, including these Terms and Conditions, without prior notice.
If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions please do not use our website. There are plenty of other places to go on the information superhighway of the internet so, as politely as we can put it… jog on, pal.
Here are the terms and conditions for use of this website:
Within the context of this site the term ‘Universal Packaging’, ‘Universal’, ‘UP’, ‘UPL”, ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to Universal Packaging Ltd, the owner of the website. Our registered office is 142 Benmore Ave Palmerston North, NZ.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Any images displayed on our website or on any printed literature are for illustration purposes only. Style, colours, and brands may vary (although we try our best to ensure they don’t).
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements. Don’t ‘trust your gut’ that your company will require a top of the line automated packing solution once the world discovers your revolutionary sewage treatment technology then blame us when the stuff hits the fan.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- This website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of New Zealand.
- We do not accept any liability for any loss arising from non-receipt of communication, including e-mails. The internet and snail mail are never perfect. So if you don’t think you’ve got something, or that we haven’t received something, then it’s best get on the phone and call us.
Our General Business Terms and Conditions
The following conditions apply to the sale of materials or equipment, and to the hire, servicing or repair of goods supplied, repaired or serviced by Universal Packaging Ltd, hereinafter called ‘The Company’. No alterations or additions to, nor exclusion of, any part of these conditions shall be valid in law unless specifically agreed in writing by a Partner of the Company.
- ‘Buyer’ herein shall include buyer, hirer, lessee, owner or any other person who is in charge of goods supplied by the Company. ‘Goods’ shall include materials, equipment, spare parts and any other items supplied, serviced, repaired, loaned or hired by the Company.
- Nothing in the Buyer’s Terms of Purchase shall override, cancel or modify any of the Company’s Standard Conditions of Trade. These conditions supersede any earlier conditions of the Company.
- From time to time Universal Packaging will undertake special promotions and offers. All of these promotions and offers are subject to the terms published at the time of the promotion/offer. These may be subject to change or be withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
- Any guarantees shall not be applicable outside New Zealand, unless expressly stated otherwise by Universal Packaging in writing. Any guarantee given will be invalidated if the goods supplied by Universal Packaging are subjected to misuse or accidental damage after the Buyer has taken delivery of them.
- Where assembly of goods supplied by the Company is not undertaken by the Company, the Buyer shall be responsible for assembly in accordance with the Company’s instructions and shall ensure that such instructions have been obtained from the Company. Failure to assemble the goods in the manner prescribed in the instructions supplied with the goods will invalidate the Company’s responsibility for damage caused to or by the goods.
- Charges for goods and services supplied by the Company shall be paid in full on or before delivery or completion, unless the Buyer has an account with the company.
- An application for the opening of a credit account with the Company shall include an undertaking by the applicant that he/she has read and agreed to the Company’s Standard Conditions herein. Invoice queries by the Buyer for discrepencies, shortages or non-delivery must be made to the Company in writing within seven days of the date of invoice. Where the Buyer has an account, payment shall be made 30 days following date of invoice.
- If payment by the Buyer is delayed, the Buyer shall pay to the Company interest on monies outstanding at the rate of 2.5% per month or part month on the outstanding balance until payment. The Company may at its absolute discretion close the Buyer’s account at any time and any balances due shall be paid immediately by the Buyer. The Company reserves the right to change prices without notice.
- The property in and title to goods supplied by the Company shall remain within the Company until:
a) The Buyer shall have paid the price plus GST in full and
b) No other sums whatsoever shall be due from the Buyer to the Seller.
In the event of non-payment of sums due to the Company from the Buyer, the Company shall be entitled, without notice, to enter the Buyer’s premises and to physically repossess and remove therefrom goods supplied by the
Company for which payment has not been received. Yes, ‘therefrom’ looks like a nonsensical word. But we looked it up and it’s legit.
- The Company shall not be liable for damage or injury caused by its goods or workmanship beyond replacement of the goods or work in verification of the Buyer’s complaint. The Company shall not be liable for any consequential loss caused by its failure or delay in supplying, servicing, or repairing goods, whether the loss arises from the actions or from the omissions of the Company, its Employees, Agents or Subcontractors.
- The Directors of the contracting Buyer agree they are and will be jointly and severally liable for the cost of the goods and/or services ordered and consequential losses arising in that way including but not limited to damages and such Directors further jointly and severally guarantee to pay any amounts deemed to be due to the Company forthwith on demand personally.
- If any defective or faulty goods are delivered we must be notified in writing within 14 days of delivery for any inspection and return to be arranged.
- If the Buyer discovers person or persons using any of the Company’s equipment not in the way it was intended, like, for example, riding the mast up and down of a Spinny machine while singing Frank Sinatra songs, well… that’s on you too.
- Advice, information and opinion given by any Partner, Employee or Agent of the Company is given without legal responsibility. Any recommendation or suggestion made by the Company relating to the use of goods, whether in technical literature or in response to specific enquiry, is made in good faith, but it is for the Buyer to satisfy himself/herself of the suitability of the goods for his/her particular purpose and he shall be deemed to have done so. We reserve the right to inform our customers of news/offers by electronic mail, post or fax. But probably not fax. I mean, who uses faxes nowadays? Some calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
We treat all information we hold about you and/or your business as private and confidential. That information will not be disclosed to any third party unless:
− we are required to by law;
− it is necessary to in order to provide our services to you; or
− you have requested or consented to disclosure.
From time to time we will reserve the right to disclose your name, date of birth and address to a credit agency (which they will use for a credit reference or credit management processes).
Universal Packaging takes care to ensure that it adheres to the provisions of the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007 and will only collect and use information from you on this website in accordance with the Act and the Privacy Act 1993.
We will not under any circumstances release, sell, publish, or give away personal information to any other person or organisation unless required by law or subject to the consent of the information supplier. Information obtained from website users may be collated and used for statistical purposes, but will not identify the user in any way unless previously agreed to.
We will not collect from you any sensitive information relating to the prohibited grounds of discrimination set out in the Human Rights 1993 (namely, sex, marital status, religious or ethical belief, colour, race, ethnic or national origins, disability, age, political opinion, employment or family status, sexual orientation), other than with your express consent or where collection is either authorised by law or is reasonably necessary to enforce the law or to establish or defend a legal claim.
We won’t tell Sheryl what Darlene overheard Becky tell Ann about Linda. No matter how interesting or exciting it is. Because really, what goes on between Linda, Sarah and Mary is their business, and Becky should have left well enough alone given the past of Ann and Emma.