While our new Marketing Coordinator hasn’t been here long Nadia has fast got up to speed with our processes, our products and, as importantly, our passion for delectable food. She shares a favourite summer recipe...
After everyone loved Matt’s grilled goodness we asked around to see who else on the team had an inspiring culinary favourite to share with our readers. Nadia stepped up with a very brand-appropriate wrap idea.
“This recipe has been tried, tested and given the tick of approval by everyone I’ve made it for,” says Nadia. “It’s easy to make and perfect for the warmer summer nights.”
Nadia’s Cajun Chicken Wraps
You’ll need some Cajun seasoning…
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mild paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder & onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each chili powder & cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper to taste
…and some chicken
- 2 chicken breasts (250-300g each)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
…and whatever else you’d like.
- Quality wraps
- Salad ingredients
- Anything else that might work (mayo, avocado, pickled ginger etc)
Cajun Chicken Wraps
1. First combine all the cajun seasoning ingredients in a large bowl, cut the chicken into small chunks and toss in this seasoning. Drizzle the chicken with 1/2 tablespoon of oil and rub seasoning all over to evenly coat. Then heat the remaining oil and butter in a pan over medium-high heat until combined and hot.
2. Now it’s time to sear the chicken in batches for 5-7 minutes until golden and cooked through. After removing it from the pan set aside to rest for approximately five minutes. Warm your wraps (in a frypan or microwave) then add the chicken, the salad ingredients and any delicious extras you might like.
3. Always make sure you’ve wrapped everything correctly. Check the stretch capabilities of your wrap and make sure everything is tight and safe. If unsure perhaps try the tilt test before eating. Bind together. Eat secure.